The Anti Submarine Warfare Association
Formerly the TASI and ASWI association.
Welcome to the ASW association official Website. The association was formed in 1955 as the TASI Association in HMS VERNON Portsmouth and was renamed the ASWI Association in 1975 to reflect the changing structure of the sonar branch. In January 2019 after a vote of the membership the name was changed to the ASW Association .
lease enjoy the site and email the webmaster should you have any comments about the site.
Hi everyone at the last AGM in 2016, 2017,2018 it was requested that the association review the name to take into account that it is now open to anyone who has completed a sonar course. The survey will close on the 30 January 2019
I have been informed by the wife of ex LS (S) Keith Jones that he is entering into paliative care
Keith served from 1972 - 1981
Ships included HMS Hardy, HMS Bristol, HMS Sheffield (Type 42)
I served with Keith in Northwood in 1981 Keith Left the navy in 1981 and was a driver for NATO based in Northwood until his retirement
If you wish to get a message to the famil his wife has asked if it comes via me email@example.com
I will keep you updated.
Congratulations to CPO(UW) Baz Hearn on selection to WO(UW)1
Aims of the Association
- To promote "esprit de corps" amongst members so as to enhance their prestige within the service.
- To provide wherever possible and within the means of the association, professional help and assistance to the serving membership.
- To expand the social and recreational activities of its members.
Key Benefits to Joining
- The opportunity to contact and meet old shipmates.
- Regular social events (many subsidised).
- Your own page on the website.
- Occasional Seamaster web newsletter .
- Email facility for members that are not online.
Can you help with any of these photos? What was the event? Can you name anyone in the Photos? Email Webmaster if you have any ideas. Better quality photos can be provided if you need them.